Anxiety is a normal part of daily life. We experience this common emotion while grappling with a challenge at work, or making a presentation, or on the verge of an important life decision. However, when anxiety symptoms do not go away over time or get worse, when they interfere with daily life, then it’s likely time to seek anxiety treatment.
Anxiety can take a hefty toll on relationships, job performance, school work etc. It can be debilitating and frightening. It is also one of the most common mental health issues for those who seek anxiety treatment in South Florida, according to Raul Rodriguez, founder of the Delray Beach Healing Center.
So how are anxiety symptoms identified? Sometimes a practitioner will begin with a physical exam, to rule out any physical illness that might be contributing to the condition. Next, doctor may seek to determine whether alcoholism, depression or other conditions are present. Sometimes these conditions must be dealt with before the anxiety treatment can truly begin.
If you think your anxiety symptoms require treatment, ask yourself these questions:
– Have you been experiencing anxiety for longer than six months?
– Do these feelings lead to significant disruption or dysfunction in your life?
– Do you have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep?
– Do you experience muscle tension (balling up your fist, clenching the jaw etc.)?
– Do you suffer from chronic digestive problems?
– Do you find yourself overly self-conscious in your daily life (for example when meeting new people, eating or drinking in front of a small group of people, or making one on one conversation)?
– Do you experience feelings of panic during everyday situations?
If you answered “yes” to one on more of the above questions, you may have an anxiety disorder.
If you are wondering how to deal with anxiety symptoms, the first step is always seeking help. You’ll find that the symptoms are commonly treated with medication, psychotherapy, or both. Anxiety symptoms can most often be controlled and managed, and those who receive treatment can lead normal, fulfilling and happy live.