Outpatient Eating Disorder Treatment
Eating disorders are the most deadly of all mental illnesses, and they are also the most difficult to treat. At the eating disorder treatment program of Raul J. Rodriguez, MD, we are dedicated to helping individuals and families understand the struggles and solutions for disordered eating issues. Dr. Rodriquez uses a multi-prolonged approach customized to each individual patient. His highly skilled medical and clinical team help their clients recognize good health as being physical, mental and spiritual, and not determined by body shape and size.
What Eating Disorder Treatment Looks Like
- Every client receives an individualized treatment plan that includes a complete psychiatric and medical assessment.
- Working closely with a dedicated therapist, clients will learn to understand the issues that sustain and promote their eating disorder as they develop a realistic and positive body image
- Daily meal support and weekly nutritional therapy with a registered, licensed dietitian encourage clients to focus on mindful eating in a safe and nurturing setting.
- Supportive community outings to grocery stores, restaurants and clothing stores prepare clients with important real-world skills.
- Our professionals offer a unique variety of complementary therapies, skill building and holistic treatments to enrich the recovery process.
Eating Disorder Services available with Dr. Rodriguez
- Psychiatric evaluation & medication management
- Individual psychotherapy
- Family education, support, and therapy
- Individualized nutritional therapy, group nutrition, and meal support
- Group process therapy
- Body image groups
- Movement therapy
- Art & expressive therapies
- Acupuncture, massage, and holistic therapies
- Meditation and yoga
Because eating disorders are notoriously difficult to treat, Dr. Rodriguez’s intimate program is an ideal fit, providing a lot of individual attention to each patient. Our program employs a number of therapeutic modalities, such a nutrition classes, monitored meal support, and DBT (dialectical behavior therapy) in order to replace destructive behavior and thinking patterns with new, healthy ones. All eating disorder treatment protocols begin with a comprehensive evaluation by Dr. Rodriguez, in order to assess mental health symptoms, any physical complications, and treatment history in order to develop the right treatment plan for our patients.