Out of the 15 million people who experience depression in the US, over 80% of them are women. Up to one in 4 women is likely to have an episode of depression at some point in their lifetime. Unfortunately, nearly 2/3s do not get the help they need to overcome this debilitating disorder.
Symptoms of depression in women include:
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities, including sex
- Restlessness, irritability, or excessive crying
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness, hopelessness, pessimism
- Sleeping too much or too little, early-morning waking
- Appetite and/or weight loss or overeating and weight gain
- Decreased energy, fatigue, feeling “slowed down”
- Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain
If you have been struggling with depression, our expert & caring team for Depression Treatment in Delray Beach has been able to successfully help many patients feel better. Contact us today to book an appointment.